Afternoon promenade in the Old Vaasa

King Charles IX established Vaasa in 1606. In 1852 a big fire destroyed the town. Some of the houses: Wasastjerna house and the old Court of Appeal luckily survived. We also visit the ancient place of a castle and ruins of the medieval St Maria church. The tour starts at Kauppiaankatu 10.

Pictures

See also these

Along the fitness-path in Asevelikylä a lot of Outsider-art can to be seen. The path is named after Vaasa-born artist Edvin Hevonkoski. He was inspired by Finnish politics and literature. Besides art, you’ll find trench, military shelter and smoke-sauna. The park has twice been rewarded...
Karl Hedman, Doctor of Medicine gathered a huge art and old items collection and started the Ostrobohnian Museum. Sculptor Emil Wikström was a good friend to Karl, and together these two men left a strong mark onto the art imago of Vaasa. Starting point the...
Vaasa-born Mathilda was a noble lady who became known as prisoner`s true friend. The walk passes her childhood and youth surroundings and starts at the Vaasa Court of Appeal, Rantakatu.
The historical Vaasa, statues, old architecture, parks and esplanades become known by walking through the city centre. Starting point Finland`s Statue of Liberty, market square.